PRESIDENT INAUGURATES RASHTRAPATI BHAVAN HELPLINE PORTAL
24-07-2009 : Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi
The President of India, Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil inaugurated the Rashtrapati Bhavan Helpline Portal at Rashtrapati Bhavan today.
The portal at the internet URL http://helpline.rb.nic.in
seeks to make the process of sending grievances to the President easier. The portal is user friendly and its highlights are as follows:
- Lodging of request/grievance by clicking "Lodge a Request/Grievance" from any place any time (24X7) basis.
- Generation of Unique Registration Number (URN) for every request/grievance.
- Citizen can track the status of their request/grievance real time online.
- Acknowledgement by e-mail, if provided.
- Instant and easy communication between nodal Public Grievance officers of Government Organizations.
- Integration with Centralised Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS).
- Automatic Online Data transmission between Ministries/Department/Organization and the subordinate organizations.
- Constant update on the status of request/grievance received and acted upon by the President's Secretariat.
Its special features are:
- Enables lodging of lengthy e-petitions.
- Enables supplementary attachment of scanned documents.
- Additional mode of acknowledgement through e-mails.
- On submission of registration form, petitioner gets a Unique Registration Number (URN).
Once the request/grievance is scrutinized by the Helpline Main Desk at Rashtrapati Bhavan, the following actions would take place:-
- Scrutinize requests/grievances and assign appropriate grievance category.
- Decide on action required.
- Online forwarding of requests/grievances to Ministries/Departments/State Governments.
- Reminders sent electronically.
- Action taken is update on the 'Updates Action Form' at Centralised Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) level.
- The action taken report is reviewed by the higher authority before closure under the Centralised Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS).